Yes, there is a lot of remote job for developers already. Some very good ones from people I admire. However, I think diversity and competition is a good thing for the user. It is always a good thing to have options, and I thought there was still room for improvement so I built my own on my spare time, for the last 4 months. https://remoted.io is still far from perfect, but I prefer to release now and fix stuff later.
Here are some highlights from https://remoted.io:
- ⚡️ It is fast, really fast. According to https://www.webpagetest.org/, the other aggregators I tested are from 30% to 300% slower. Also, the page transitions are super smooth due to the amazing Next.js navigation and Apollo caching.
- 🤖 It is API first. Usually, when services make APIs available, they are not 100% complete. Either the texts are cropped or there is missing information. Not on Remoted.io. Everything you see on the page has been captured from the same API that is publicly available at https://remoted.io/graphql. Ah, and it uses GraphQL which is pretty cool. If you are learning GraphQL, Remoted's API might be a good place for you to practice.
- 🕵️♀️ It has pretty good filters. For example, when looking for remote jobs, it is common to find a lot of jobs that are only for US or Europe candidates. I tried to mitigate this problem with good filters. Of course, it is not perfect but it is a very good start. It is also possible to filter by source.
- ℹ️ I display a lot of useful information right on the frontpage, like salary and location restrictions. I think it might save you some time.
- 🔥 It has an open Issue Board on Github: https://github.com/remoted-io/remoted. Please, plaese leave your feedback and vote for stuff you would like to see done.
Of course, there is room for improvements. For example, it is still restricted to development jobs, but I plan to, as a next step, make it broader and welcome other areas like Design, Marketing, Product and Project Management.
I hope you enjoy it. It was definitely not easy to make this alone having a fulltime job.