I realised about 3 weeks ago that there was a pretty major flaw in how I'd built my system so far and felt that there was no choice other than to rebuild that part of the system.
Looking back I see that it may have been possible to hackily work around the problem rather than facing it head on with a rebuild but now I have a system that's stable and SO much better to use from a development point of view. I'm incredibly proud of what the changes I've made and the fact that, despite the extra work it took, I didn't just brush the issue under the rug and ignore it.
At this point I'm feeling more optimistic about the project every day so I guess it's onwards and upwards from here! 😃🚀