Yesterday I sold Influence Grid!
I started it in December and bootstrapped to $3500 MRR.
Can’t say the exact amount but I was mid five figures.
Why sell when it was going quite well?
- I have some other ideas/ tools I want to build that I encountered during this project.
- It’s also based on scraping, which could break irreversibly at any point, so the whole thing felt a bit unsustainable- cashing in and moving onto a new project felt the right move.
Lessons learnt doing this project:
- Invest in SEO early, then forget about it for a couple of months and do direct outreach. Then see check how the SEO is doing. Here’s the SEO strategy that got me to 800 organic visitors a day: https://twitter.com/clokehead/status/1257597795432873986?s=21
- Copycats will happen, including fellow IHers. It’s absolutely infuriating but ignore them as best you can. Speak to your customers to stay ahead.
- Unless you’re very lucky, a PH /HN launch isn’t marketing strategy. You need a more scalable channel.
- Pick an industry you’re interested in else you’ll want to sell it after six months!